Monarch Casino in Black Hawk, Colorado is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open this summer! The resort will transform into a beautiful casino operating property to a luxurious casino hotel resort!
Monarch Casino Black Hawk is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
The Executive Meetings Manager is responsible for achieving or exceeding their part of an assigned revenue goal in an effort to assist the hotel in meeting or surpassing the annual group room, and food & beverage revenue goals. This will be attained by contracting smaller groups (30 rooms on peak night or less) requiring overnight sleeping rooms and food & beverage within a rolling six month window from the following market segments: Association, Corporate, Government and Social, Military, Educational, Reunions, Fraternal & Entertainment (SMERF).
• Follow up on leads referred as assigned through multiple channels.
• Prospect and solicit new business utilizing multiple resources available by the hotel.
• Network with prospective clients at on- and off-site functions.
• Develop a targeted sales and marketing plan with focus on the small meetings market.
• Participate in 30-60-90 day sales revenue forecasting.
• Coordinate in-house sales promotions and associate functions.
• Greet clients upon arrival.
• Facilitate and communicate details related to meetings to the sales & catering department.
• Maintain professionalism in problem situations.
• Maintain detailed records of discussions with guest, including all meeting setups, food & beverage, etc.
• Upsell to improve revenue generation on property.
• Be readily available during functions for consultation with client.
• Flexible schedule required to accommodate client’s needs.
• Preside at conference planning meetings where details related to group coordination will be discussed and reviewed by management.
• Conduct site inspections of the property with clients.
• Conduct exit interviews with clients to solidify repeat business and distribute results.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
• Respond and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
• Ability to accurately use various office and sales related software (Delphi, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
• Develop and maintain a Marketing Plan that includes goals and objectives.
• Develop creative marketing techniques. Implement sales policies and procedures as developed in the annual Marketing Plan.
• Develop short- and long-term financial and operational plans for the sales department that relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
• Written & Verbal Communication - Writes and speaks clearly and informatively; Excellent Presentation Skills; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read, interpret written information.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The Executive Meetings Manager works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!